Taking an extended bath break after a stressful day at the office is one of the best therapies ever. Buying a tub which boosts our leisure is a complicated task.
There are different categories of bathtubs available in the market. But the one most preferable is the best Alcove bathtub.
Yes! It is one of the most cost-friendly and conveniently designed bathtubs. Since many of you don’t have an idea of what is the best alcove bathtub and how to buy one, don’t worry.
Within the next few minutes, we will get to know the A to Z about it in this comprehensive guide.
So hop with us on this journey of exploration!
What is an alcove tub?
Before buying the best alcove bathtub available in the market, it is more essential to know as to what is an alcove bathtub is most importantly. And how to distinguish it amongst other tubs?
Well, the answer is simple. An alcove bathtub doesn’t refer to any material or size but the location at which the tub is placed.
An alcove bathtub is placed in that alcove section of your bathroom which is enclosed with walls on 3 of its sides. As for the remaining one side, the consumer has an option to cover it with a bathtub curtain or door.
Is the best alcove bathtub convenient?
The answer to the question is YES! The best alcove bathtub is known for its convenience. Since it is enclosed with walls on its three sides, people find it easier to get in and out of the tub.
They must install a rail or handle near the tub to get in. Also, the best alcove bathtub is always there to protect your privacy. Now how is that possible for a bathtub to protect our privacy?
Just like we said, installing the bathtub curtain and door encloses the fourth side of the tub, at the same time it also gives us our sweet privacy.
Not to forget, space issues. Having a small bathroom and fitting a bathtub inside it is like solving a puzzle with one piece left. You either complete it with finesse, or you mess up.
But, buying the best alcove bathtub won’t disappoint you. Irrespective of how little space your bathroom offers the best alcove tub will perfectly fit into it. Being compact and giving the best bathing experience is the speciality of the best alcove bathtub.
How will buy the best alcove bathtub be of an advantage for you?
Irrespective of how much luxury a particular thing has in store to offer but burning a hole in your pocket over it is of course not valid.
The best alcove bathtub is made of durable materials, and you don’t have to spend your fortune over it.
Since it comes in the different price range, so comfort and price are a great combo to define an alcove tub.
On the other hand, they are safer to use and easier to maintain.
We’ll talk about the benefits of Alcove Tub in this post. Now let’s grasp upon the features to keep in mind before buying the best alcove bathtub.
The material out of which your bathtub is made of is as important as anything. It’s better to look for a soaking tub if you want to prevent slipping over!
The best alcove bathtub differs in materials out of which it is made. They can be made from acrylic, fibreglass, cast iron, solid surface, etc.
The acrylic alcove bathtubs are scratch-resistant. At the same time, cast iron is rugged and healthy. Solid surface bathtubs are scratch and stain resistant. All they need is polishing to look like new.
If you want an aesthetic bathtub with a smooth and shiny surface, then it’s better to opt for porcelain bathtub. You must have heard about fibreglass being used in boats, cars, etc. They are insulator material and also used in making bathtubs.
If you want a very expensive bathtub, also custom made then marble and tiles is an option.
You don’t want to stick with a bathtub which is twice the size of the alcove in your bathtub.
So before hurrying out or even on the internet to buy the best alcove bathtub, then get practical.
Better use a tape and measure the height, width and depth of your current bathtub (if you have one already).
In case, you don’t have a bathtub now then measure your alcove since that’s the place you will be placing your bathtub.
Buy the best alcove bathtub which perfectly fits the size proportion of your bathroom or alcove. For example, if you have a cramped bathroom, use a small bathtub.
The best alcove bathtub is the one in which you can lie in and stretch comfortably. However, it’s better to buy an alcove bathtub which has a minimum 15″ depth.
A deep tub will cover most of your body. So it is better to make sure that you are comfortable with it.
Since we are already discussing depth, do check if you are comfortable with the step-over height. You might have to step in and out a lot and face difficulties if the tub is way more in-depth than the size you anticipate.
As we said, we don’t want to slip over and hurt ourselves just in the pursuit of having a bit of relaxation.
The best alcove bathtub will have the anti-slipping floor so that when you step into it, you won’t be hurting yourselves. Textured bathtub floors are other options to maintain the grip between your foot and bathtub floor.
But there are exceptions. If you do find the bathtub which is perfect in size, material, depth, etc. but it doesn’t have anti-slipping floor then it is better to have bathtub mat.
- Additional features-
The shape of the bathtub matters if you have a small bathroom alcove space. However, there are suitable shapes available for best alcove bathtub even if the bathroom is small. So don’t compromise!
Handles are armrest might sound too extra; however, it is better to ensure that the bathtub you have must have a right armrest with grip. While you are laying back, you don’t want to slip over inside without support.
We would love to talk & explore more about them, and here are our recommendations for the best alcove bathtub with the products listed from Amazon. Do have a check!
The first product we are going to cover is this best alcove bathtub by KINGSTON. It is the most cost-effective product on our list.
- The bathtub is 60″ in length and is almost 31″ in width.
- The tub is made of solid acrylic reinforced fibreglass material which not only makes it strong but also lightweight.
- You can choose amongst the left-hand drain or light hand.
- The Kingston alcove bathtub is easy to install and has a drop-in tub with an apron to prevent soaking.
- The lightweight tub makes it easy to be installed.
- The acrylic reinforced fibreglass keeps the water warm for a long time.
- The tub isn’t deep enough and is very small to accommodate people on the taller side.
- The acrylic material is easily scratchable.
Finding the best alcove bathtub for tall people might sound impossible, but Amazon is here to help! Since the standard best alcove bathtubs are too inconvenient for short people. This bathtub by American Standard is a dream come true for tall people.
It is amongst the cost-friendly best alcove bathtubs we have on our list.
- It has 72″ inches of length (a foot longer than standard) and 32″ width. The depth is 21″ almost 3″ more than an average tub.
- This alcove bathtub like the previous product is made of acrylic, which keeps the water warm for a long time.
- It is thin, which makes it easier to install.
- If you are looking for excellent comfort, then this is the best alcove bathtub in the market at an affordable price.
- Unlike KINGSTON alcove bathtub, this product doesn’t have a drop-in apron, so it needs separate installation.
- It is taller and more prominent than other alcove bathtubs so one can quickly soak in.
- One can lay back easily since this bathtub has armrest and backrest.
- The acrylic material of the bathtub can be scratched off easily.
- The bathtub needs a separate drain installation to drain off the water.
We can confidently say that the product is one of the best alcove bathtubs in the market since it is also the No.1 Bestseller on Amazon.
This bathtub is also manufactured by American standard. It comes in the mid-price range.
- This lightweight and the best alcove bathtub is made of porcelain enamel material coated stainless steel. It is more durable than the one coated with cast iron.
- America’s backing insulates the tub for a quieter showering experience.
- The bathtub can accommodate a single person easily since the bathtub is 5-feet tall.
- The tub has an integral apron which saves you from installing an additional panel near the tub.
- The tub is available in left and right-hand drain models.
- It has extra space on the side in case you want to place your scented candles for aromatherapy.
- This best alcove bathtub has an anti-slipping surface.
- Elderly and children can enjoy a comfortable bath in this bathtub
- Users have complained that the porcelain enamel has an uneven finish and wears off.
- The tub is too small for taller people to fit and relax.
Though a little pricey, this product by KOHLER is one of the best alcove bathtubs on Amazon. If you have a small alcove space but don’t want the restricted space to ruin your ambition of having the best alcove tub, then this is the perfect product.
We highly recommend it.
- Though it has stand 60″ by 32″ measurement, it has a basin that extends up to 38″.
- The texture bottom surface allows you to maintain your grip while in the tub and also while getting in or out.
- The integral flange protects the tub from overflowing.
- The tub is of acrylic material.
- This stylish and best alcove bathtub is elegant in design and highly spacious.
- Ha low step over and can hold a large capacity of water.
- Little pricey.
- Less depth and scope for soaking in for a good bath.
The final product on our list is undeniably the best alcove tub so far and different from others. The product is manufactured by the TOTO store.
- Unlike the other alcove bathtubs, we had on our list, this product is made of cast iron, and it is very durable.
- The floor is of anti-slipping surface preventing the consumer from any falls.
- The measurements of the same are 60″ by 30″ making it of that size of an average alcove tub.
- The compact design and sleek look make the tub fit easily in any size of the bathroom.
- It has a right-hand side drain.
- Durable with anti-slipping surface protects from falling.
- Easy to install and is a perfect fit for modern bathrooms.
Since we are done discussing the best alcove bathtubs. Let us check-
How to install it?
- Before buying the bathtub, measure the alcove space with a measuring tape.
- In case you have an old bathtub in place it is better to remove it first and get the alcove space cleaned of all debris. It will make the installation process more comfortable.
- When the new product of the bathtub arrives, position it properly in the alcove space. After installing, make sure it is correctly connected to the drainage system.
- In case you have problems with self-installation, do not hesitate to ask for professional help.
- After installation, give it the finishing touches. Voila! The best alcove bathtub is now easily sitting in your bathroom.
Don’t wait! Go and check out all bathtubs and buy your own and the best alcove bathtub from the lot. Happy Relaxing! Hope we made the process easy!